Footwear for the Family
A couple weeks ago I taught on the Full Armor of God. We need to be “sizing up the enemy” in order to know what we are up against. By putting on the full armor of God we can take our stand against the devil and his schemes. As fathers we want to provide for our family by putting shoes on them, but above all we want our family members’ feet “fitted” with the gospel of peace (the piece of armor for today’s message).
DAD, PUT the RIGHT SHOES ON YOUR FAMILY
- Beautiful feet and the Gospel of Peace, Is. 52:7, Rom. 10:15
- Peace—shalom, sense of harmony, wholeness, during instability there is a steadfastness, all is well, can’t be shaken!
- Feet fitted—preparedness, readiness
- Steps to peace with God
- Put on your “go shoes”
- Body of Christ and the Gospel of Peace
- Eph. 4:1-16, Eph. 2:14-22
- Building a Bridge and the Gospel of Peace
- The “cross” bridges the gap.
- What does the enemy steal in the church family?
DAD, PLACE the ARMOR of GOD ON YOUR FAMILY
- God, through his Holy Spirit, wants to “fit” you with the gospel of peace.
DAD, PRAY for YOUR FAMILY
Personal or Group Study
Discuss and memorize the 4 Steps to equip yourself to share Christ.
STEP 1—Discover God’s Plan (Peace and Life)
- God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life (abundant and eternal).
- Romans 5:1, John 3:16
STEP 2—Acknowledge man’s problem (Separation)
- Man chose to disobey God and go his own willful way. The result is separation from God.
- Romans 3:23
STEP 3—Recognize God’s Remedy (The Cross)
- Jesus Christ is the only answer to the problem of separation. Jesus Christ died on the Cross. He paid the penalty for our sins.
- John 14:6, Ephesians 2:
STEP 4—Man’s response (Receive Christ)
- We must trust Jesus Christ and receive him by personal invitation.
- John 1:12
- You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer. Dear Lord Jesus,
- I KNOW that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness.
- I BELIEVE that you died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins.
- I now INVITE you to come into my heart and life.
- I want to TRUST you as Savior and follow you as Lord, Amen.