MYSTERY “in Christ”
DISCOVER God’s ETERNAL PURPOSE
The word “mystery” is used four different times in this passage. The apostle Paul has dedicated his life to revealing what this mystery is for the entire world. Discovering this mystery is the key to unlocking the realization of our eternal purpose.
- Your eternal purpose is to bring glory to God by overcoming Satan’s schemes.
Now that we have discovered our eternal purpose, it is important to know our unique contribution to this world. When we slow down long enough to approach God in prayer, we are able to do this with freedom and confidence and we hear God with clarity.
- I will pray for one hour uninterrupted so that I am focused on Christ’s concerns.
Personal and Group Study
1. Have you ever considered that through the church (you), God’s wisdom is being made known to the angels and demons of the spirit realm? How does this change what you are living for and does this motivate you to make the right decisions?
2. Study about becoming an overcomer (John 16:33; Romans 12:21; 1 John 2:13-14; 4:4; 5:4; Revelation 2:7; 12:11). Do you view yourself as an overcomer or as an underachiever who always gives in? What would happen if you would start to believe that you are an overcomer?
3. We are able to overcome through Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37; 1 Corinthians 15:57). It is not by our power, but by Christ who is alive inside of us. What does this mean, “by Christ”?
4. Read Hebrews 4:14-16. Why are we able to approach the throne of grace with confidence?
Applying the Bible
5. Will you commit to praying for one solid hour without any interruptions this week? As you pray, will you seek to find freedom in your spirit to be open to anything God tells you? Will you approach God with humble confidence, knowing that He is listening to every word that comes from your lips? Ask God to give you a laser focus on what your unique contribution is for this world.
6. Is there an area of your life where you continue to fall into Satan’s schemes? What action step will you take this week to stand firm against the evil one so that you can bring glory to God with your life?