Where Are You Headed?
Principle of the Path- Proverbs 7:6-27
- Your direction determines your destination, not your intention!
- Often there is a huge disconnect between where we want to end up and the path we choose.
Getting Back on Track
- We serve a God who is in the restoration business.
- What we give our attention to influences our direction.
- Your journey is shaped by those you hang around with and do life with
- Finding direction in life must begin with submission.
Questions to Consider
- What direction are you headed?
- Are the paths you are on right now going to take you where you want to be? Do you need to make some course directions?
- What has your attention? What do you need to stop or start paying attention to?
- Who is influencing you?
- Are you submitting to God?
Small Group Questions
1. Share an example where you have experienced the reality of the Principle of the Path: The path we’re on determines our destination. (This could be an example from an actual road/path, a financial path, a relational path, or even a spiritual path.)
2. Why do you think people choose paths that lead away from where they want to go?
3. All of our choices have consequences. Share some examples from the Bible where a person made a choice that led to a bad result, and some examples where a person made a choice that led to a good result.
4. What do the following verses tell us to do to help us make choices that will lead us toward a good destination?
- James 1:5
- Proverbs 3:5-7
- Psalm 119:105
- Proverbs 11:14
- Proverbs 13:20
- I Samuel 14:36-41
5. What has been the most important part of getting your life back on track after you have made poor choices or decisions? Share examples!